Keeping your home safe and secure from any threat can be a challenge when you don’t have the proper information available. If you are looking for a way to ensure that your home is it’s most secure, and want something that is easy to follow & check off, then you’re in luck because our team at Smart Vision Plus has come up with a comprehensive checklist for your residential security.
Security for your outdoor area is just as important as security for your indoor area. The outdoor areas of your home (front yard & back yard) are the most common areas where burglars begin their breach. The outside of your house can also leave key clues as to what kind of place you’re living in and how valuable your home is. Always be sure to:
- Secure your trash bins. Potential criminals can see what you spend your money on when looking through your garbage.
- Take advantage of your trees. Tree coverage helps a home blend in with the rest of the environment. Without ample tree coverage, your home can stick out like a sore thumb to any potential burglar.
- Lower window visibility. Can people see into your home through the yard? If so, try minimizing the chance of this by installing curtains, placing valuables away from the window, etc.
- Outdoor machines/furniture: These items can be very valuable, so be sure to keep all of them stored in a shed/garage that is secure when you are not using them.
Extra Security For Doors & Windows
The easiest way for a burglar to enter one’s home is through the doors and windows. Without proper security in these areas, your risk of getting stuff stolen increases. Some ways to increase security in these places include:
- Reinforcement bars. When you own a sliding door or have sliding windows, reinforcement bars give these devices extra security.
- Installing locks. Making sure your locks are extra secure helps ensure your home stays safe from intruders.
- Adding Sensors. Sensors detect both light & movement to alert you about any intruders. When you are unable to monitor your camera while away from home sensors add that additional layer of security.
Security System Add-Ons
When locking up still doesn’t feel like enough, security systems can go above and beyond to ensure everything in your area stays its safest. Some of these add-ons include:
- Smart locks
- Video doorbells
- Smart home security
- Alarm systems
- CCTV/Security Cameras
- And Much More!
How We Can Help
For every time you need the best security devices for your property, let our team at Smart Vision Plus help. With all the right solutions, support and experience, we do what is best for your home and provide it with the best in advanced protection. To find out more about our residential security services in Toronto and how we can assist you with your security needs, be sure to give us a call at 1-833-880-4591 today!